Highland’s beautiful setting makes it an ideal place for a personal retreat or family getaway. Leave the distractions of your normal routine behind, and enjoy a peaceful time amid Highland’s forests, trails, streams, and inspiring mountain views.
Several types of lodging facilities are available for individuals or small families. Explore below to find the option that best suits your needs.
Campsites and Camping Cabins
- Seasonal facilities are available in the warmer months (May 1 to November 15).
- Upper Highland Campground – Tent and RV campsites with Mount Everett Pavilion and bathhouse nearby, ideal for individual families and smaller groups.
- Lower Highland Campground – Tent and RV campsites near the Tabernacle pavilion and several bathhouses. The area is often used by larger groups, but includes some sites that work well for individual families and smaller groups.
- Camping Cabins – Simple A-frame camping cabins offer a quaint lodging experience in the lower camp, each with a picnic table and fire ring.
Cottages and Motel-Style Rooms
- Climate-controlled facilities are available in all seasons.
- Cottages – Dogwood and Creekside Cottages offer a private, homelike setting for personal or family retreats. Dogwood has room for up to 8 people in two bedrooms, and Creekside has one bedroom. Each cottage has a private bathroom, a cozy living area, and a small, stocked kitchen.
- Mountain View Retreat Center – The comfortable, motel-style rooms of Mountain View Retreat Center can be reserved individually, or in groups. Each bedroom has a private bathroom, a small lounge space, and a mini fridge. A coffee maker and microwave can usually be added upon request, or families may choose to also reserve a meeting room to have access to a full kitchen.
Amenities and Recreation
Important guest policies
- Guest groups should have compatibility with Highland’s mission and values. Visit the About section of our website or contact us to learn more.
- Highland is a tobacco- and alcohol-free environment.
- Guests and individuals are required to have their own medical insurance and groups shall provide Highland with a copy of their current liability insurance.
- Pets are not permitted on Highland’s property (some exceptions apply).
- Two piece bathing suits are not permitted at the pool (some exceptions apply).
- View our general policies.