Upper Highland Campground
The Upper Highland Campground is located in the woods and fields between Mountain View Retreat Center and Red Oak Lodge. The area has 11 separate sites surrounding Mt. Everett Pavilion and bathhouse, making it ideal for single family units or small to mid-sized groups (up to 50 people). Because of its proximity to the lodges, groups often combine camping and lodging to better accommodate individual needs. Campsites are available from May 1 to November 15.
Scroll on down the page for photos and more information. Or, use the buttons below to skip down to a specific section.
Upper Highland Campground Amenities
- The Upper Highland Campground has 11 sites. These sites can be reserved individually, or groups can reserve the entire campground for exclusive access to the area.
- Nine sites have access to water and electric hookups; two sites are primitive.
- Four of the sites with electric also have sewer hookups.
- Each campsite has a picnic table and a fire ring for outdoor cooking.
- Firewood is available for a modest fee. Please do not bring your own firewood.
- The bathhouse and pavilion are just steps away from all 11 sites.
- For larger groups, several additional sites are available a short distance away.
Upper Highland Campground Availability Calendar
Use the calendar below to see which facilities are booked and which might be available. Note that seasonal facilities are not bookable over the winter, and no facilities are bookable more than 2 years in advance. These calendars are updated about once a week (usually Friday mornings), so it is possible that a facility that appears available has been recently booked. If you request a reservation or a quote, Highland staff will be able to confirm if the dates you are interested in are in fact available. Availability calendars for ALL facilities are viewable here.
NOTE: Due to recent work on the electrical systems at the Upper Campground, our site map has changed somewhat. Sites 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 are now included in the group camping block, while the other sites may be booked by groups or individuals.
Rates and Policies
The rate sheets below are printable pdfs that summarize and compare rates for ALL Highland facilities and services in order to help you as you plan.