Highland Annual Meeting and Banquet – Thursday, November 3, 2022
Please join us for our fall gathering of the Highland community! This will be an opportunity to hear about how Highland is doing, eat a delicious dinner, and chat with other friends of Highland.
The Banquet will be held at the Eastern Mennonite School dining hall in Harrisonburg. Doors will open at 5:45pm. The event will include a meal (beginning at 6:15), followed by a short program on the theme of “Foundations that Stand,” and an opportunity to give financial support to Highland’s ministry. The evening should wrap up around 8:15.
Note: Children are welcome, though we will NOT be providing supervised childcare this year. There will be space set aside in the lobby area where older children can do homework or younger children can play quietly with parent supervision.
2022 Banquet Menu
- Entree: Choice of baked Italian chicken and/or BBQ chicken,* with mashed red potatoes, cooked carrots, rolls, and raspberry spinach salad
- Dessert: Homemade apple crisp** or peach cobbler, served with vanilla ice cream
*Available alternatives for those who request it when registering: Chicken nuggets for children, and a vegetarian option of BBQ tofu.
**A sugar-free apple crisp will be available, made with monk fruit sugar substitute.
Register for the Nov. 3 Banquet
Online registration for the Banquet is now closed.
Highland Celebration – Saturday, May 21, 2022
Join us for our largest gathering of the year and enjoy fun, fellowship, and the opportunity to support of our summer staff!
The day will include:
~ A delicious lunch, served from 11:30am to 1pm. Choose angus, salmon, or black bean burgers. Lunch will also include plenty of picnic sides, including watermelon and pie! Please complete the short form below to let us know what burger you would like. Please arrive before 12:30pm if possible; the line will close at 1pm. Lunch is by donation, with all donations supporting Highland’s Summer Ministry.
~ A concert by The Walking Roots Band, beginning at 12:30pm. The Walking Roots Band is a local music group that describes their style as acoustic, Americana, folksy, blue-ishgrassy, roots music. The band will begin with songs that are fun for all ages and transition into an enjoyable afternoon concert.
~ Fun, family-friendly activities all afternoon, including:
- Informal activities such as corn hole, Spike Ball, giant Connect 4, a slack line, and a giant marble roller.
- Fundraiser challenges: Dunk a friend at the new dunk seat, or try your luck at riding the backwards-steering bike! All donations will support Highland’s Summer Ministry.
- Free bicycle-churned ice cream.
- Special kids’ activities with challenges and prizes.
- The grand opening of the pool for the first swim of the season at 2pm.
~ A dinner and commissioning service for summer staff and their guests. More info and the chance to RSVP will come to summer staff through Dean.
Highland Days – Saturdays April 30, May 7, and May 14, 2022
Come for one or more of these Saturdays to enjoy a variety of activities at Highland! Activities will include birdwatching walks with guides from the Rockingham Bird Club, volunteer projects, and a tasty lunch (free for volunteers). Learn more.