Each year Highland relies on the generosity of donors who help subsidize summer children’s camps, provide camp scholarships, sponsor Highlands Events, and help with major projects.
As a registered 501(c)(3) organization and Christian charity, Highland may issue a tax-deductible receipt for donations.
Learn more about some of the different ways you can give:
One-Time Monetary Gifts
These make up the majority of our non-operating revenue and are vital in our efforts to make quality Christian summer camp experiences and comfortable facilities affordable.
When you donate, you may designate your gift toward a specific portion of our ministry. Our most common designations are:
- The Highland Fund – supports programs and operations
- Scholarship Fund – used to assist summer campers with registration fees
- Endowment Fund – money is invested and the returns used to supplement operations
- Event Sponsors – businesses receive special visibility through supporting Highland events
- Capital Improvements – support for special improvements, projects, or renovations
Click the Donate Online button (above) to make an online contribution.
The button will open a new page where you can donate to Highland via CampWise, our official donor and summer camp registration platform. No user name or password is required.
If you prefer to donate by check, you can mail your check to Highland.
Sustaining Monetary Gifts
Those gifts that come on a regular basis (monthly, yearly, or quarterly) are extremely valuable to our operations. Several methods are available for regular donations:
- We can provide you with coupon reminders to send with your check each period.
- We can debit your credit card each period, which sends cash directly to our checking account.
- We can arrange for a direct transfer from your checking or savings account to our account each period.
Contact us to get started.
Other ways to give
Gifts in Kind
Gifts in Kind occur when time, service, or non-monetary resources are donated to Highland Retreat. Contact the main office if you want to know about a current need you can help with, or if you have an item or service you would like to donate. You may:
- Make an outright gift of an item that you may have and no longer need
- Raise the cash to give the camp to purchase an item
- Provide volunteer labor or a service to Highland
Planned Giving & Bequests
Legacy gifts can be made to Highland. You can do this by including Highland Retreat in your will or other life planning device:
- Wills - cash or security
- Life insurance plans
Unless otherwise designated, a portion or all of a bequest is usually channeled to our endowment fund, which helps provide income for years to come. We are available to assist you in finding the right service to document your intentions. Contact us for information or assistance.
Prayer is vital to the health of Highland Retreat. There are many ways to intercede on behalf of Highland Retreat.
- Thank God for blessing the church with such a wonderful place as Highland Retreat.
- Pray that we may be good stewards of this blessing.
- Pray that our central mission will be accomplished. Highland's mission is offering a mountain setting where people meet Jesus Christ, explore nature and build relationships.
- Pray for safety for all who come to Highland and participate in the activities here.
- Pray for adequate resources to meet Highland's goals.
We welcome you to pray specifically for Highland’s:
- Finance and Executive Committees
- Program, Personnel, and Marketing Advisories
- Summer program