Leaders In Training
The LIT (Leaders In Training) Program is for those who have completed 10th or 11th grade.
All LIT participants will attend an orientation week (June 18-23, 2023). Then there are choices for a week (or more) of service:
- Service Week 1 - July 2-7, 2023 (Ascent camp)
- Service Week 2 - July 9-14, 2023 (2nd Ridge camp)
- Service Week 3 - July 24-28, 2023 (Day Camp)
- Service Week 4 - July 30-August 1, 2023 (Lookout camp)
Cost (covers food and lodging for the orientation week): $200
Participation is by application and acceptance only.
This transformative two-week training program will focus on serving God and others, nurturing personal gifts, studying biblical leaders, and working with other staff members.
Acceptance is by application and approval of the Summer Camp Director. Applicants must be available for the orientation week and at least one of the service weeks. Please click the button below to complete the online application, or call the Highland Youth Office for an application to be mailed.
- Live at camp for two weeks with staff and campers.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at summer camp life.
- Discover and use personal gifts.
- Build confidence as you observe and use leadership skills.
- Engage in daily discipleship and training sessions with your LIT group and leader.
- Experience spiritual growth through reflective journaling, worship, and group Bible study.
- Gain work experience for future job opportunities at Highland or elsewhere.
- Benefit from a 20% off discount for a week at The Edge or The Peak.