Before you apply
Applications for employment are to be completed online.
During the hiring process
Applicants who receive an Intent to Hire letter will also be given an additional form to complete before we run a background check. This is a necessary step in order to finalize the hiring process, so this form should be completed, signed, and returned as soon as possible after you receive it.
- If you are 18 or older, the additional form will be sent to you automatically and can be filled out online.
- If you are under 18, you may download the Disclosure and Data Form. The completed form must include a parent/guardian signature, so it can’t be filled out online.
After you’re hired
The following forms will be collected at the start of your staff orientation. It is recommended that you at least look through them in advance to ensure you will have all the necessary information to complete them during orientation.
See also the Orientation Materials page (the password will be provided to you when you are hired) for some additional information and tasks to complete.
- Medical Information Form – While the completed form is not needed until you arrive, if you have dietary restrictions of any kind, please inform the Youth Office ASAP so we can plan accordingly.
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form – This cannot be completed ahead of time, but does require you to present specific types of identification when you fill it out in person. Please consult the list of acceptable documents, and make sure you bring along the appropriate items.
- W-4 and VA-4 tax forms – Many summer employees are exempt from income tax withholding, but everyone needs to complete these forms. These instructions will help you decide if you are exempt from state or federal withholding and walk you through filling out the forms. Note that only the first page of each document needs to be printed and turned in. If you need more help with the tax forms, contact Rachel (email@example.com) for assistance.
- Bless the Staff program – Participation is optional, but if would like to add $150 to your weekly salary, details and printable letters can be found on the Financial Information page.