These are the roles we seek to fill for the summer camp season. All positions are open until filled each year. The online application will allow you to apply for the positions that interest you. The following jobs are grouped by type; these groupings match those on the online application.
- Camp Counselors are fun-loving mentors for kids as they lead, teach, and care for a cabin group of 6-8 campers. Counselors are assigned to their own cabin where they stay with campers, cook breakfast meals over a fire, lead daily devotions, teach skill groups, and participate in all daily events. Counselors may also spend some weeks serving behind the scenes in a support role. Counselors must possess a solid Christian maturity, strong relational skills, good judgement, be at least age 18 AND one year graduated from high school.
- Camp Co-counselors are fun-loving mentors for kids as they lead, teach, and care for a cabin group of 6-8 campers. Co-counselors are assigned to a cabin with another staff member where they stay with campers, cook breakfast meals over a fire, lead daily devotions, teach skill groups, and participate in all daily events. Co-counselors may also spend some weeks serving behind the scenes in a support role. Co-counselors must possess a solid Christian maturity, strong relational skills, good judgement, be at least age 17 AND a high school graduate.
- Support Counselor Assistants spend part of the summer (approximately 4 weeks) providing kitchen and janitorial support and assisting with program activities. The rest of the summer (approximately 4 weeks) is spent participating with a senior counselor in a cabin setting or with day camp. Those with musical or vocal gifts may also assist with worship. Should possess a solid work ethic, a servant’s heart, and strong relational skills; enjoy working with a team of people; and must be at least 16 years old.
- Counselor Team Leaders provide oversight and leadership to residential counseling staff. Must have experience as a residential camp counselor, work well with peers, have strong organizational and planning skills, and preferably be at least 21 years of age.
- Program Team Leaders oversee our staff-in-training program. This position involves the oversight of daily work tasks and organizing spiritual and leadership enrichment activities for leaders-in-training members. PTLs will also be responsible for working with other leadership staff for the creative design, coordination and efficient implementation of the summer camp program. Preferably at least 21 years old.
- Aquatics Team Leader provides oversight and leadership to lifeguarding staff. Is responsible for developing and implementing aquatic activities and programs, including swim lessons for summer camps. Must hold current Waterfront Safety Instructor, lifeguarding, first-aid, and CPR certifications. Preferably at least 21 years old.
- Kitchen Team Leader serves as a cook in the Summer Kitchen and provides oversight to non-kitchen staff who may come in to help. They will also supervise food truck deliveries and inventory checks. Preferably at least 21 years old.
- Office Coordinator assists with various administrative/clerical duties, handles camper registrations and financial accounts, and answers phones. Must have computer experience, be attentive to details, interact well with parents and campers, and preferably be at least 21 years of age.
- Photographer will photograph all the daily activities of summer camp, process the photos to be posted daily for parents to view, and prepare an end of the week photo presentation for parents and campers. Other support tasks may be added in, but the photography will be their main focus.
- Program Specialists will organize and lead activities for campers in a specific area of expertise, such as nature studies or adventure programming. Other support tasks may be added in as time allows.
- Lifeguards help to prevent incidents from occurring by maintaining proper control over individuals using the pool or pond. Must be able to recognize activities that may place individuals at risk and respond appropriately to individuals in distress. Must hold current lifeguarding, first-aid, and CPR certifications. Open to high-school-age applicants as well as older applicants.
Food Service Staff
- Cooks are responsible for meal preparation, distribution, and cleanup for the youth camp. Applicant should possess a solid work ethic, have a servant’s heart, and enjoy working with a team of people. Experience in food service is preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Kitchen Assistants spend their days helping cooks with a variety of tasks related to meals and snacks at the youth camp. Open to high-school-age applicants as well as older applicants.
- Maintenance Assistant helps with routine maintenance tasks around the camp, including mowing/weed whacking and trash collection. Applicant should possess a solid work ethic, have a servant’s heart, enjoy working in the outdoors, and be at least 18 years of age.
- Camp Nurses provide oversight for the health care needs for all youth camps. We hire nurses one week at a time. Must be a current certified RN and enjoy working with children and adults.
Christian Nurture Staff
- Fireside Speakers provide spiritual input for the youth camps through the messages they present each day during worship services. We hire Fireside speakers one week at a time.